Skill Development Initiatives:
HSIIDC has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with IL&FS Custer Development Initiative (IL&FS CDI) in order to up-grade the skills of the landowners and improve their employability.
Under this, the socio-economic impact assessment and aspiration study has already been undertaken for about 4,000 persons by IL&FS CDI in Rohtak and Faridabad Districts, for assessing the skill requirements of the trainees. A few batches have already completed their training in the computer skills & English speaking under a pilot initiative in Faridabad District and training program has also been initiated in Rohtak District.
Besides a number of institutes have been set up in various Industrial Model Township/Industrila Estates by HSIIDC for development of specific skill sets- Footwear Design & Development Center, IMT Rohtak; Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, IMT Manesar, National Automotive Testing Research R&D Infrastructure Project at IMT Manesar and National Institute of Design(site being finalized).
The industrial & Investment Policy – 2011 has made provision for allotment of land/plots for establishment of technical training Institutes/skill development centers by Public/Private sector in IMTs, being developed by HSIIDC to the extent these Institutions directly co related to the development of skill sets for manufacturing sector. Provisions of land/plots for establishment of training institutions/skill development centers by the public/private sector in the IMT's development of skill-sets for the manufacturing sector.
Corporate Social Responsibilities:
- Village Development Scheme : HSIIDC has been earmarking about 1% of the total cost of the project for the development works of public benefit in the villages falling within the acquired land for its projects. The works undertaken by HSIIDC include creating/upgrading road network, water supply, street lighting, school infrastructure , medical centers /health facilities etc. The corporation has doubled the funding for the scheme from 1% to 2% of the total cost of development of the project.
- Sports activities : The Corporation introduced the policy to recruit the national/international players to promote the sports culture/activities. Presently the corporation has a volleyball team which has many accomplishments to credit.
- Contributions to the CM Relief Fund.
- Providing training opportunities to the management & engineering students to give them first hand experience of the real life work environment etc.
- The corporation is complying with all its obligations under the R&R policy of the State Government.